When you find out you’re expecting, the first thing you should do is consume a nutritious, well-balanced diet to guarantee the baby’s nutrition. If you are reviewing your dietary options in order to make better decisions, you will come across many alternatives, one of which is various kinds of milk.
Although Almond Milk has been around for a long time, it is only lately that it has gained recognition. Almond milk is a wonderful nutritious drink choice for those who are trying to lose weight. If you are lactose allergic, want to add diversity to your diet, or appreciate its structure and taste, this is the product for you.
How many calories are there in Almond Milk?
Almond milk contains fewer calories than bovine milk. As a result, it is essential to include it as part of a well-balanced diet. It also includes calcium, phosphorus, zinc, and riboflavin.
Health Benefits of Soy Milk during Pregnancy
- Antioxidants Almond milk contains vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps to decrease reactive stress during pregnancy.
- Healthy Heart It includes a modest quantity of omega-3 fatty acids, which aids in cardiac health.
- Good for Bone Health Almond milk is a good form of calcium, which will help you satisfy your increased calcium needs and keep your bones healthy and robust.
- Prevents High Blood Pressure High blood pressure is a significant worry during pregnancy because it can contribute to hypertension. Almond milk, in addition to being high in calcium, contains magnesium, which aids in blood pressure management.
- Helps manage Gestational Diabetes (GDM) Because almonds have a low glycemic index, they are an excellent option for controlling blood sugar levels during pregnancy.
- Good for Vegans If you are vegan and avoid dairy products, almond milk is a great alternative that can be used in milk, shakes, and gravies.
- Healthy Skin Almond milk contains vitamin E, which serves to keep your face glowing and healthy by avoiding pimples and discoloration.
- Long shelf life Almond milk does not need to be kept in the refrigerator. As a result, it is an excellent and convenient choice to take with you while traveling, as well as at work and while waiting for scans, tests, and so on.
How to Prepare a Glass of Almond Milk?
To enhance taste, add a teaspoon of cinnamon or chocolate powder. Preferably make it at home, but if you are unable to do so, almond milk is readily accessible in supermarket shops. It comes in a variety of flavors, sugar free options, calcium enhanced options, and so on. It will, however, contain stabilizers.
A few tips to consider before purchasing almond milk:
- Choose mild versions to reduce your sugar consumption.
- Opt for non GMO or organic option.
- Read the nutrition label to find one with fewer additives.
You can always prepare your own coconut milk instead!
How much Almond Milk can be taken during Pregnancy?
Except in instances where there is a previous history of sensitivity, almond milk is usually deemed safe to ingest during pregnancy. However, it is advised to ingest it in moderation to prevent stomach complaints. Follow the recommendations for a healthy, balanced diet and experience the finest times of your life.