Sweetened Condensed Milk Pound Cake is a rich, moist, and buttery cake. Traditional pound cake components are combined with sweetened condensed milk.
This pound cake is really delicious! The batter is smooth. The cake is soft on the inside and crusty on the exterior. I used almond extract and it paired nicely with the flavor of the sweetened condensed milk. You might also make use of vanilla extract .
SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK POUND CAKE
For a long time, I’ve wanted to try a Sweetened Condensed Milk Pound Cake for my blog. Pound Cake Review Series .
If you’re not familiar with my review series I have over, gosh, I’ve lost count of how many pound cakes I’m tested and made now. You may view them all on my website. Post your pound cake reviews here, and print or save the recipe. .
Most Sweetened Condensed Milk Pound Cake recipes created one loaf and used a portion of a can of condensed milk. I dislike utilizing just a portion of a can of anything. Mostly because I leave it in the fridge and it spoils. So I reformulated the recipe to use a full can. I did it in a tube pan (as always) but you can use a bundt pan if you choose.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST POUND CAKE
Here are my very best tips to make a perfect pound cake! The key is to mix, mix, mix!
- Beat the butter till smooth and creamy. It will fluff slightly and become lighter in color.
- Beat in the sugar . Beat on medium speed one more until the butter and sugar are smooth.
- All chilled items must be brought to room temperature!
- Add one egg at a time, making sure each is incorporated before adding the next egg. This will just take a few spins of the beaters at medium speed.
- Sift and measure all of the dry ingredients into a bowl rather than your mixer. bowl Then, with the mixer on low, fold in the dry ingredients. electric mixer Combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing basin. Once you add the flour do not over mix. Over mixed flour will result in a tough cake.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased and floured or greased and sugared baking dish. 12-cup tube pan . (I prefer using Wilton cake release or sugar Because it does not leave white patches like flour, it is dusted over the solid vegetable shortening in the pan.)
- You can use a bundt pan for this recipe.
- Learn How to Calibrate your Oven !!
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate to cool fully.
- Serve it simply or with freshly whipped cream, ice cream, fresh berries, etc. Caramel Sauce , Raspberry Sauce, strawberry sauce , or Orange Curd.
Sweetened Condensed Milk Pound Cake
With the addition of sweetened condensed milk, this classic pound cake recipe has all of the basic components.
Save To Your Recipe Box
Cook ModePrevent your screen from going dark
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Servings: –+ servings
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer , cream butter and sugar until the mixture is fluffy. Scrape the sides of the mixer. To blend, mix everything together.
- Stop the mixer, scrape down the sides and bottom, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add eggs one at a time beating each one in before adding the next. Scrape the sides of the mixer. Add almond extract . Mix to combine.
- Combine flour, baking powder , and salt together in a separate bowl Using the mixer on low, add one cup at a time until barely blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and bake for 80 to 90 minutes. Insert a long wooden pick carefully into the middle of the cake. When dry crumbs or no crumbs attach to the pick, the cake is done.
- Allow cake to cool on a wire rack for 15–20 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack to cool entirely.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 136mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 534IU
What happens when you add condensed milk to cake mix?
Condensed milk, on the other hand, may alter the flavor and texture of cake mix into an amazing dessert. Condensed milk is evaporated milk that has been sweetened with sugar. The rich and creamy texture is a great way to add moisture and tenderness to boxed cake mix.
What is the secret to a good pound cake?
6 Tips for Baking Pound Cake
- Use fresh ingredients.
- Use a scale.
- Bring ingredients to room temperature.
- Add dairy.
- Avoid overmixing.
- Bake at a lower temperature.
Can I use condensed milk instead of milk in cake?
Condensed milk may be used in place of full milk in certain recipes. Since condensed milk contains a lot of added sugar it may not always be the best choice. Another approach is to use evaporated milk and water.
What is the difference between a bundt cake and a pound cake?
What Is the Distinction Between a Pound Cake and a Bundt Cake? As previously said, any cake may be a bundt cake if cooked in a bundt pan. Pound cakes are a little bit different. Pound cakes are traditionally dense and were originally made with a pound each of butter, sugar, eggs, and flour.
What does condensed milk do in baking?
In baked goods, condensed milk lends tenderness, moisture, and flavor to the recipe, as well as color to the crust. Condensed milk is often used in pastries and sweets, and it’s a fundamental component in an old-fashioned key lime pie.